Isn’t it interesting how many people, especially in the media, have such short memories? The memories I speak of is how Democrats treat Republican court nominees, especially Supreme Court ones compared to how the Republicans treat Democrat ones. Republicans are very cordial, polite and ask common sense question. Democrats, on the other hand…well, here are some great examples:
– investigating nominees video rental history
– bringing in surprise witnesses at the tail end of the hearings
– discussing pubic hair on a coke can
– accusing white Republicans of being racist due to their DNA
– being against a nominee because he is hispanic (can you imagine if Newt had written a memo to the GOP telling them to not vote for a nominee because he was hispanic? Why can Democrats do that?).
– misquoting a nominee to make them look good
– being so vicious in their attacks the nonimee wife left the hearing in tears
– annoucing that the nominee would instill: “a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens’ doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists could be censored at the whim of the Government, and the doors of the Federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens …”
– warning the other party to be careful what they say
Ever notice the votes? Just take a look at the way the Republicans voted for Clinton’s nominees and the way the Democrats, especially Obama, votes for the ones the Bush nominated.
Oh, and by the way, these lying, hypocritical bastards are also supported, very aggressively I might add, by many prominent Christian speakers, pastors and college professors on Christian campuses. Why? For one reason and one reason only….the big letter ‘D’ on their jersey. Sad.