I listen to Rush just about every day. I enjoy him a whole lot less then I used to back 10 to 15 years ago. He carries the water for the GOP way too much. He lost his true Conservative principals long ago when he first became such good friends with George H Bush. Now he is just a mouthpiece for the GOP instead of for Conservatives. I mostly listen to him now for news tidbits you don’t hear in the mainstream as well as for the humor. He does have knack for pointing out the hypocrisy and idiotic schemes of the Liberals and he has great parodies as well. All in all he is good for about 2 hours a day. By the third hour I am tired of him.
This post is not, however, a moratorium on Rush. No. Quite the contrary. Now, if you don’t listen to Rush you probably won’t get this one so just skip it. This moratorium is on Dittoheads gushing over Rush.
- ”Hey! Mega Dittos Rush. I just want to thank you for all you have done for this country. You have pulled it back from the brink of disaster.”
- “Rush! OMIGOSH! I am just so humbled to be talking to you!”
- “Dittos Rush. I got my Dad to listen to you right before he died. We had a falling out a few years ago and, Rush, it was you and your show that brought us back together before he died” (No lie. This one really happened about 2 weeks ago).
- “Rush! This country owes you a debt of gratitude for (“sniff”) saying what needs to be said and heard. (“Sob!”) You just don’t know how much you have meant to me these past 10 years.”
- “Rush! You are so awesome! I can’t believe I’m talking to you. You mean the world to me. Thank you! Thank you! Thank YOU! Oh! Rush! Keep on keeping on!”
- “Mega Dittos! Thank you so much Rush for not being afraid to stand up to these Liberals. Rush, you are a true American Hero and I just want to tell you how dark these times would be without your lone voice out there urging us to stand and fight against the hordes of darkness. Thank you so much Rush for not giving up.”
Yeah, I could go on and on but you get my point. It’s sickening. You know, talk radio owes a huge debt of gratitude to Rush for getting that medium to where it is today….but please! Just say thank you and be done with it!! He takes a crap just like everyone else does!!!