Can you believe how frantic the Left has gotten in regards to Global Warming? As I said below, now some scientists are saying that no matter what we do, things will get nothing but worse for the next 1000 years. I am sick of hearing only ONE side of this debate. Well, you can’t even call it a debate anymore since some on the Left (Barbara Boxer, Al Gore) are saying that the talking is done. It’s fact. In fact, some are saying we need to muzzle those who don’t believe it or strip them of their credentials. They call those who don’t buy into it “deniers”.
Many folks have brought up excellent points in this how debacle. Michael Crichton wrote an excellent novel on this called State of Fear where he provides actual facts in novel form. I highly recommend it. Neal Boortz laid out many of the facts very clearly:
· Many of the loudest proponents of man-made global warming today are confirmed anti-capitalists.
· Because the sun is warmer .. and all of these scientists don’t seem to be willing to credit a warmer sun with any of the blame for global warming.
· The polar ice caps on Mars are melting. How did our CO2 emissions get all the way to Mars?
· It was warmer in the 1930s across the globe than it is right now.
· It wasn’t all that long ago that these very same scientists were warning us about “global cooling” On July 24, 1974 Time Magazine published an article entitled “Another Ice Age?” Here’s the first paragraph: “As they review the bizarre and unpredictable weather pattern of the past several years, a growing number of scientists are beginning to suspect that many seemingly contradictory meteorological fluctuations are actually part of a global climatic upheaval. However widely the weather varies from place to place and time to time, when meteorologists take an average of temperatures around the globe they find that the atmosphere has been growing gradually cooler for the past three decades. The trend shows no indication of reversing. Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.”
· How much has the earth warmed up in the last 100 years? One degree. Now that’s frightening.
· Because that famous “hockey stick” graph that purports to show a sudden warming of the earth in the last few decades is a fraud. It ignored previous warming periods … left them off the graph altogether.
· The infamous Kyoto accords exempt some of the world’s biggest CO2 polluters, including China and India. The Kyoto accords can easily be seen as nothing less than an attempt to hamstring the world’s dominant capitalist economies.
· Because many of these scientists who are sounding the global warming scare depend on grant money for their livelihood, and they know the grant money dries up when they stop preaching the global warming sermon.
· Because global warming “activists” and scientists seek to punish those who have different viewpoints. If you are sure of your science you have no need to shout down or seek to punish those who disagree.
· What happened to the Medieval Warm Period? In 1996 the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change issued a chart showing climatic change over a period of 1000 years. This graph showed a Medieval warming period in which global temperatures were higher than they are today. In 2001 the IPCC issued another 1000 year graph in which the Medieval warming period was missing. Why?
· Why has one scientist promoting the cause of man-made global warming been quoted as saying “we have to get rid of the medieval warming period?”
· Why is the ice cap on the Antarctic getting thicker if the earth is getting warmer?
· In the United States, the one country with the most accurate temperature measuring and reporting records, temperatures have risen by 0.3 degrees centigrade over the past 100 years. The UN estimate is twice that.
· There are about 160,000 glaciers around the world. Most have never been visited or measured by man. The great majority of these glaciers are growing, not melting.
· Side-looking radar interferometry shows that the ice mass in the West Antarctic is growing at a rate of over 26 gigatons a year. This reverses a melting trend that had persisted for the previous 6,000 years.
· Rising sea levels? The sea levels have been rising since the last ice age ended. That was 12,000 years ago. Estimates are that in that time the sea level has risen by over 300 feet. The rise in our sea levels has been going on long before man started creating anything but natural CO2 emissions.
· Like Antarctica, the interior of Greenland is gaining ice mass.
· Over the past 3,000 years there have been five different extended periods when the earth was measurably warmer than it is today.
· During the last 20 years — a period of the highest carbon dioxide levels — global temperatures have actually decreased. That’s right … decreased.
· Why did a reporter from National Public Radio refuse to interview David Deming, an associate professor at the University of Oklahoma studying global warming, after his testimony to the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee unless Deming would state that global warming was being caused by man?
· Why are global warming proponents insisting that the matter is settled and that no further scientific research is needed? Why are they afraid of additional information?
· According to Timothy Ball, a former climatology professor at the University of Winnipeg in Canada, there is no such thing as man-made climate change. He calls the whole thing “the greatest deception in the history of science.” Is he right? Who knows…but what happened to the idea of open debate? This guy is treated by the media and the Left as some sort of global warming denier…a kook who thinks the Earth is still flat.
· Over 15,000 scientists who have signed a petition expressing their doubts in idea that any global warming we might be experiencing is being caused by man. That petition says: “We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement that was written in yoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any other similar proposals. The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind. There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.”
· Here is the link to his site
Now, do you hear ANY of this in the mainstream media? Nope. It’s all about money. If there was no money involved, there would be no talk to Global Warming at all. This is the point made in State of Fear as well. We need a 1000 year moratorium on Global Warming panic. Notice, I didn’t say on Global Warming. Just on the panic. On the misrepresentation. On the misinformation. On the silencing of any sort of disagreement. On Al Gore. I think it should still be studied, just as ANY sort of weather is studied. We just don’t need to be lied to or ignored. We also don’t need to listen to the hypocrites such as Laurie David or Al Gore who tell us we must use less yet they fly around the world in their private jets.
On another note, can you imagine if the GOP were pushing this? It would be called “scare tactics” by the very same people who are for it. You know, that’s how we can stop it. If George Bush got behind ALL the Global Warming crap, the Liberals would run the other way and denounce it!!